View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 06:01 AM

Default Re: An IQ test for liberals (and AndyFox :) )

In anycase you are correct that my examples would be correctly classified as John Kerry flip-flops instead of John Kerry waffles.

I dont think changing my mind with a 13 yrs gap inbetween is a flip flop.
I dont care about his attempts to exploit his irish heritage for votes- and i still don't think it fits in the flip flop catagory as much as it either fits in the 18 years have gone by and i forgot what i said, or the i intentionally misled people for votes, but now dont want to own up to it. with the former being more likely IMO.
Stating now is not the time for something doesnt mean you changed your mind on it. Unless Kerry's speech said "we have to, at any cost cut dividend taxes" and then voted against it would i agree with you.
in the six months between the speech and the vote kerry could have seen the war in iraq taking alonger and more costly route than he had previously believed, as well as the economy continuing to stall and not believing dividend tax cutting would alliviate that would, in my mind, constitute good enough reasons to change his.
campaing slogans are just slogans and dont mean anything, like walla walla bing bang, or give peace a chance.

Kerry's waffle house? if he loses the election at least he has a new buisness idea with tons of free marketing.