View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Ugh... concede or call on the river?

[ QUOTE ]
Even though I played it poorly I don't know if there is anyway I don't end up committing my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm new to the forums, so take my advice with a grain of salt. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think the most suspect thing here is your play on the turn. If you were representing TPWK on the flop and want to continue with that, you've now improved to trips and should be putting down a much stronger bet than $2. A full house or trips with strong kicker is likely to raise you back, in which case you can consider abandoning the hand. If you just get a call, then there's still the possibility that someone is slow-playing a made full house. And of course you don't know which club will pair someone's kicker to give them a full house.

All in all, a very dangerous hand. It's tricky chasing a flush after the board pairs - if you make your flush, it's very hard to differentiate between trips with a good kicker and a full house. On this particular river, I think I would call. The pot is paying about 3:1 on this call, and I'd guess that your chances of winning are better than that.