View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 09:45 PM

Default Got it all wrong with trip Jacks...

I'm not too sure how aggressive I should have been with this hand...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Ray Of Light calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Ray Of Light raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Ray Of Light calls.

I thought I was behind to a two pair here. In hindsight, I feel that I should have folded the hand here and be done with it. I have found top pair medium kickers very difficult to play...

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Ray Of Light raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Ray Of Light calls.

Here is where I think I played it all wrong. This player is obviously unafraid of my flop raise and is unafriad of the second jack. I now figure that he either has something like sevens full of jacks, or that he has me outkickered. Should I have folded here? Or was I right to raise?

River: (11.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Ray Of Light calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between UTG+1 and Ray Of Light.</font>