View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 05:07 PM

Default Re: UB $10 tourney - comment on my play

I raise more preflop, to what your standard raise at this blind level is. For me that’s probably 100. Minraising to 60 just encourages callers, gives them better odds, and makes it harder to define their hands.

On flop you bet 120 at 200 pot. That’s too little. You should bet whatever your standard “I like this flop” bet is. That needs to be pot size or slightly less at this blind level. I bet around 175 at this pot, mainly because I’ll be betting just under pot size at every flop I want to bet at and don’t want to leak info. Bets need to be potsize-ish to avoid giving good odds to drawing hands. Note here that you are willing to go to the showdown, and his straightdraw is a 1 in 7 shot to improve on 1 card, meaning he has correct implied odds to call you here with this betsize.

On turn, you bet 250 into 430 pot, again underbetting.

On river, his pattern of chk-call, chk-call, all-in screams overpair or set. Against good opponents this is easy fold. Early stages of low-buyin tho, he could have QJ or other crap, so call not bad. He would not call to river on the straightdraw

Net: not great play but not bad, and it worked out for you