View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 01:08 PM

Default I\'m not sure what this means

As I read other people giving their results in tournaments I have compared them with mine. I don't keep exact stats, so this is just an approximation, but I make the money far less often than most of the people here say they do. I'm guessing I cash around 5% of the time, and since they pay around 10%, I would think my number should be higher.

However, when I make the money, I seem to do very well. I rarely squeak into the money then go out, I think I make the final table at least 1/3 of the time I make the money, and since I usually play events with hundreds of entries, there are usually 8 or 9 tables making the money.

Obviously since I rarely squeak into the money, I usually have a playable amount of chips when I get there, this is probably why I have a better chance of going deep in the tournament.

What concerns me is that maybe I'm missing opportunities by not cashing as often as I could. Since I seem to do well after cashing, should I be adjusting my play to try and cash more often? Or is the reason I'm doing well after cashing simply because I won't let my stack get down to the critical level before the bubble?