View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 10:04 AM

Default Re: pushed too hard?

I've been getting this situation a lot in the lower levels and I do believe you are pushing too hard. Especially after what you say at the beginning of your post. I always try to keep in mind what the words loose and passive actually mean to a thinking player.

Loose --- will see a flop for just about any two cards. In your hand a 6 8 3 fit the any two card category.

Passive --- Doesn't like to do much betting and raising but still likes winning like the rest of us so will call down when they have a hand. And again in your hand example you have the perfect example of passive players. You raised and come out firing and you get four folders. But....someone comes along.

On the turn I suck it up and check this hand down and when I'm shown the pair of 6's, I pat myself on the back for saving my 2 BB's and not risking them to win just a losy 2 BB's.

The only time I think this play works is if you just won a hand recently where it looked like you stayed with crap and were lucky to win the hand. For example you checked in from the BB and ended up hitting a straight draw. They quickly forget you checked in in the first place and don't even realize that your were staying for your str8 draw because you had proper pot odds. Then I think there might be a chance he is putting you on a bluff and calling you down.