View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Hand #1 -- How To Play This Under Pair On A Paired Flop In Wild Game?

[ QUOTE ]
10-20 (1/2 kill) local B&M game. Wild game with pots routinely over $300, and at times pumped up to $400-$500 by super LAG and his maniacal friend, who is making it three bets with hands like 85o, hitting it, and putting most of the table on tilt. 5-7 players seeing the flop for two, three and four bets with three to the river. In short, the Perfect Storm.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats all the description i need to declare: THROW YOUR NINES AWAY!

this is a textbook (HPFAP) example of a situation in which you have a hand that cannot improve easily past the flop, is easily outdrawn, and will not have anybody making mistakes against in big pots.

even TT goes down in value in these games b/c the only mistakes the crazies make is going 4 bets preflop...their post flop play is nearly flawless as they should call almost every time with almost every conceivable draw. pot size dictates it...so turn around to those 9s and say, "how my dic-tate" biatch....and toss em...

anyways, given the 3bet call preflop i'd bet as you did on the flop. but when an undercard comes on the turn i'd bet again to force utg+2 to call 2 big bets cold (he's not wrong to call with AK here so you want him OUT!!). he'll probably fold to that since you are now likely to 3bet it and he's not gunna like that. if he really is a SUPER LAG, then he can very likely have a hand much worse than 99...its life.

down the river given a bet-raise-call on the turn i'd check and call.

-Barron