View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 10:51 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default How could I have built the pot better?

The reason I'm only playing .02/.04 is that I'm still imperfectly implementing the concepts I'm getting out of SSHE and took a bit of a bath at higher levels, so I'm practicing at micro-limits until I think I have them down better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Absolute Poker 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB

I'm trying to figure out whether there was any way I could have sucked more people into calling me down. I tried slow-playing the flop, but nobody bit. Then, since I was last to act, I tried betting the turn and hoped the others would see it as a bluff, but only got the one caller who did call me down. Should I have slow-played the turn, too? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Mike