View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Too Chat or not too Chat?

well definitely either 1 or 3. in my opinion, it is definitely not worth it to coax players into trying to attack you. first of all i guess i'm not confident enough in my play to do that, second of all, i don't think SNG's are long enough for that to even have a positive affect. i could be wrong about that though. either way i am pretty sure that most people here would say that number 2 is not a good strategy.
personally i don't like to chat all that much unless something spectacular happens, i made a comment in a tourney i played earlier because one player got pocket aces two hands in a row. so i guess my personal strategy would be number three, but number one is a good strategy too. in a SNG i am looking to avoid confrontation unless i have a monster, so its a much bigger advantage to have people lay down when they might normally not than it is to have them attacking you when they might normally not. small statistical advantages that matter in a ring game and make 2 a possibly good play are situations you want to avoid in a SNG. thats IMO.