View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Getting very frustrated in the 20+2\'s

Seriously re-evaluate your game. I am in a little rut myself, and at the beginning of the rut, I looked at how I was playing and how I got myself into the situation that I busted myself out. A couple of times, it was due to lack of concentration and taking really poor chances (usually with TPTK early on when everyone else had deep stacks). I was multitasking too much, playing 3 ring games AND a NL tournament. That's tough to deal with. I'd be bluffing off my entire stack for no reason at all, HOPING the other guy would go away. That didn't work either.

In the NA vs. EU tournament I tried to open raise all-in on a steal attempt with marginal hands (QJ and 22) Unfortunately I got called both times by AA and I was out quickly. I'm not sure if I should have changed anything there, since the table WAS pretty tight, minding the gap very well so maybe I just got unlucky. I dunno.

I the last 2 tournaments, though I've busted out of the money both times, I've felt much better about my play. I've got guys drawing very slim on the river catching on me when I get the money in the middle. Can't do much about that. When I'm short stacked, I push all in with decent hands and got called by an underpair to my overcards. Lost the coin flip and I'm out. Oh well, that's life.

Figure out how you're doing in the tough situations, post some hands and keep on plugging away.

-Jedi