View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 07:41 PM

Default Re: How bad were amateurs at WSOP?

There are some pros that i believe to play well. Some are just lucky one time blunders. Have you seen things like four people all in preflop early in the tournament maybe the first hand. Everyone has pocket pairs from AA to 44. The 44 wins. He wasn't the first one to push all in. He was the very last. I've seen it happen. So how do you win against luck like that? early on he now has 4x the lead. Also it's the bubble close to the final table. You see someone making a move all in or raising pretty much making a power play. Another guy pushes him all in with KK because he knows this. The guy who was making a move has 3 6. Basically he raised half his stack preflop to steal the blinds. Now he has the option to fold, but he calls the all in. The flop gives 3 6 two pairs. He wins the pot. Now the KK had him covered. He wins the pot and gives the lame excuse i had to do it i was pot commited. How lucky is he? Weak players can make bad moves and make so many chips with bad beats that they can afford a couple of beats. I find myself short stacked in most of my tourneys sometimes i feel like pushing it with weaker cards. It's not my ability read what others may have, but i can never seem to get lucky enough.