Thread: Negreanu
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 02:41 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Negreanu

I like the guy. he does his thing without being obnoxious or cocky, like some of the other players. I also used to be in Poker School Online and he was an instructor, before he went on his tear this year.

but what was he doing in the main event? he played terribly. he took a stab at every pot they showed, often with nothing (Q2s on a coordinated board). he called a huge overbet with KQ. I really thought that last hand was atrocious. preflop he says to the guy that he thinks he has a medium pair (I assume that it's due to the big bet), which basically announces that he has KQ or AQ. then the flop comes wiht a 9 and an 8 and he bets the turn when he spikes a Q, and he calls an all in bet (I guess he was pot committed) with KQ when he basically told his opponent what he had preflop?

I generally hate TV poker and all these TV poker posts, but I just thought he played really poorly. he tried to bully his way through the early stages against loose players in a 2400 player field. I honestly feel like, based on the hands we saw on tv, that he deserved to go out in day 1.