View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 02:59 PM

Default Multitabling problems

I actually posted this with a view to a follow-up post on the greater frequency rate of making errors when multitabling as opposed to playing 1 game live.

In live play, I would not have bet the river as there is too good a chance that the guy has the other 8 given his flop and turn actions. And teh only 8 not accounted for is the 8d. A possible diamond flush got there on the river. If the guy is playing with the 8d, there is too good a chance that he came in suited preflop. Ergo, there is too good a chance that he has a flush and will raise (unless he is terrified that you have a full). If it turns out that I am wrong and he has an offsuit hand, he will bet it for me anyway and I can call which nets me the same. Thus, the better river play is to checkcall.

As it turned out, I bet, got raised by the Td8d and paid off. I attribute that mistake solely to multitabling.

Other errors I made last night when multitabling (and BTW, I only play 3 games: I have no idea how some of you guys manage to play 6,7,8 games simultaneously...amazing):

Posting my bb UTG when I came into a new game (all the boys must have immediately made a note in caps: FISH or perhaps even MORON).

bad eyesight: I had one table in the far left corner of my screen: I saw QdJd when it later turns out that it was QhJd. Of course, 2 diamonds come on the flop and I am in there duking it out. Thankfuly, I managed to catch the error when the turn action broke out and then sheepishly folded (I am not sure why I acted sheepishly given that nobody can goddamn well see me..heh)

In a session sometime ago, I had also accidently pressed the advance fold button on a hand that I had every intention of playing and would have won a nice pot with it.

The other goofy thing about playing online is that I can't remember flops minutes after they happen. Whereas I can recount every minute detail of hands that I have played live for days, weeks, months and sometimes even years.

Mutitabling has its disads. Any tips on how to minimize those disads?