View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Possibility of losing 100 BB\'s in one session?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If You are talking about multi tabling on line, I would tend to view each table as a seperate session. But for arguments sake lets just say you don't. There are so many choices on-line for game selection, why not just leave the table that isn't going well for you? Why not come back another time? Why not just concentrate on one game for the rest of the session? There are plenty of ways to avoid a loss that big.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like saying there are plenty of ways to avoid a roulette wheel hitting red 10 times in a row.

No matter who you are, 100 bb downswings will happen even if you play like a god, and no amount of changing tables, switching seats, or putting 24 hours in between sessions is going to change that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're taking my point out of context, and nowhere did I mention seat changes. Again, if you play ONE session for EIGHT HOURS and take BAD BEAT after BAD BEAT your FIRST TIME PLAYING A HIGHER LIMIT, then there is no way you are playing nearly as well as you believe.
You do have options, and leaving, dropping limits, finding a better game are all valid choices to make loooong before droping 8 racks in a 20-40 game. If your playing like a god and we know that for a fact, then the variance is of course likely. But to assume you're playing like a god after dropping 100BB's is a ridiculous assumption. These swings happen in ONE SESSION almost always for one reason: The player insists on overestimating themselves relative to the game and lose their freakin' minds.