View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Full HH in a tourney I butchered. Help with minraises?

I hate your JJ limp UTG. You can get cute like that with KK, maybe, but jacks are too low. Once you're in this, bet the river. He'll check behind most of the time.

I don't even understand your point, are you saying you should fold the JJ or are you saying you shouldn't raise with kings but you should with an inferior hand.

This isn't rocket science, it's SNG poker versus idiots, keep it simple for the most part.

Calling with JJ UTG adds incredible versatility to your hand, you get to take a view depending on the action after you limp, and you can still reraise or fold depending on who raises, how many raises and how much.

Post flop, it's no disaster if this is folded around, you can hit your set OR overpair and win a tidy pot, and if it comes AK3 and there's no bet, a tiny bet will steal it if they don't have the goods, if they do, well no harm done, they'd probably have called a raise anyway.

I liked the preflop play in this pot, I think anyone considering folding here needs shooting and anyone who raises more often than they call needs to look at their game somewhat.

By limping here, you limit your positional disadvantage. People will be scared of your hand and let you in cheaply, they will also make mistakes by misjudging your hand.
If you really want to raise it, you are around evens to have an overcard fall and you are out of position.
This is not my idea of fun, I don't want to be outguessing idiots who don't know what they have themselves half of the time.

Lori