View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 12:28 AM

Default Re: lmao at Annie Duke

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because "world class" at ANYTHING is not obtainable in 6 months of instruction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see in this corner we have Annie Duke, Dan Harrington, Doyle Brunson and several other "world" class poker players saying the guy is a really good player and in this corner we have.. ..Whats a Vehn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vehn doesn't need me to defend him, but did you see him claim that Affleck isn't a really good player anywhere? Do you think that world class and really good mean the same thing, or did you just feel like some pointless flaming?

[/ QUOTE ]

See my second post. This whole best of the best and honor of the game and what it means.. Geez give it a rest. Maybe she got a little carried away because he is her star pupil but the underlining thing I read into it was that he had become a really good poker player an opinion seconded by other pros with no vested interest in Ben. Vehns first post was nothing but a pointless flame so why not respond in kind? Now he is pulling out all this other crap a little late and it rings hollow. What I hear is sour grapes and jealously. Affleck had the money to try and make his dream come true. Sorry if the fact he didn't start at the bottom and grind his way up level after level offends you for some reason.