View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Possibility of losing 100 BB\'s in one session?

Thanks for all the informative posts....

I would say the long run is 1,400 hours since that is the amount of time it takes to eliminate all luck and an expert player will at least break even guranteed.

I agree that I should of tightened up a lot more than I did. But I also should mention along with the player who couldn't lose their were 2 guys who just said they lost over 10K each in black jack. They seemed to just want to slow up their gambling loses and where playing tons of hands and flat calling showing down middle and bottom pairs. The game looked so juicy I just had to call some pre flop raises.

Also I'm not trying to complain about my bad beats. I wish they didn't happen but its a fact of poker, as long as I made the correct play based on a positive expectation I am fine. I did make mistakes and looking back I should have got up when I was down 50 BB's but I just kept it in my head that a game like this doesn't come up that often...at least 3 of the 10 people were playing worse than I'd ever seen.

So say I lost 70BB's in that 8 hour span does that make any difference...has some of you been through that. Preflop was basically raised almost every hand with raising continuing through the whole hand...does this turn the game into a 40/80 and thus cut my 100 bb's in half.

Thanks for all the help I have learned more from this board in the past week then I have playing over 200 hours in BM card rooms.