View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Very confusing hand

I probably wouldn't fold this pre-flop, but I think I ought to. KJ is simply too easily dominated with this many players in a capped pot. Did you have a read on these players' preflop raising standards?

My real problem is with the flop action. If your hand is good enough on the turn to plan a check raise, why not check raise the flop when the chance falls in your lap? You have a King high flop, giving you top pair, Jack kicker, with little chance of a straight draw, but there are 2 clubs on the board. I understand checking after the pre-flop cap, but when none of the pre-flop raisers bet or raise, and the bet comes just two in front of you, this seems the perfect place to raise for so many reasons. With no action, you may have best hand. This is the ideal opportunity to protect your hand. You will be forcing three players to call two cold, and may thin out the field. This is also the best time to get information, and a 3bet back to you will tell you you are likely dominated by a better king or beaten by pocket aces.

The turn does not help your hand in the least. Why give a multiway pot the chance to draw out on you?