View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Full HH in a tourney I butchered. Help with minraises?

[ QUOTE ]
The flush draw checkraise is more interesting...but if you are called, you have to lead the turn, and your stack is too low to like it. Once you've called the flop, however, you are barely getting odds to draw on the turn; it's a marginal situation, and I don't draw in SNG marginal situations when I can get my chips in as a 60:40 favorite virtually every third hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only hand where I don't mostly agree with you; I am on the fence about the Jacks hand - AA-QQ I raise, 99-22 I limp, JJ-TT it's very hard to decide if I want to play them for set value or for made hand value UTG, that's why they are so hard to play. The CR bluff on the aces board, I am very torn about, I like both check-raising and folding here, very tough. The 75o hand is also tough, but I think I fold because my stack is just too short to not get called most of the time.

This hand, if I get called, I probably push the turn against most opponents and check-fold if I have reason to believe that the flop call = monster.