View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Full HH in a tourney I butchered. Help with minraises?

[ QUOTE ]
OK, in order:

I hate your JJ limp UTG. You can get cute like that with KK, maybe, but jacks are too low. Once you're in this, bet the river. He'll check behind most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is fine. He's playing it for set because he doesn't want to bust with this hand. The blinds are low enough that it's worth it, though starting in level 3 you have to play this for a raise.

[ QUOTE ]

I hate pretty much everything about the 99 hand. I'd be playing that far more aggressively than you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I agree with. Read my other post for what I would do differently.

[ QUOTE ]

Fold J5s preflop and fold it again on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can call a miniraise with it, because it's suited and he's in the BB. Though he MUST checkraise a 4-flush flop, if he's going to play it at all.

[ QUOTE ]

Fold the random king preflop and fold it again on the flop. Trying a checkraise there never, ever works at this limit, especially when you won't follow through on the turn. Note: If you had an ace, you would not follow through on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true in my experience, but the check-raise was not big enough for it to work.

[ QUOTE ]

A4 on the bubble= perfect time to resteal push.

[/ QUOTE ]

110% Agree with this.

[ QUOTE ]

75o on the last hand= I keep seeing people say to push here. I hate this and won't do it without a much better hand, especially with low blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehhh, I'm not so sure. This was a borderline play for me. The problem is that your stack is so short compared to blinds that the BB is very likely to call.