View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Possibility of losing 100 BB\'s in one session?

Hi Nate,

Bad downswings are a fact of poker. The problem is you are only using probability to detrmine the cause. After a certain amount of loss there has to come a point where even a great player says I give up, and that point is way before 100 BB's. The simple fact is even above average players that have a solid game when winning, are extremely prone to a deteriorating game and poor judgement when losing.

If You are talking about multi tabling on line, I would tend to view each table as a seperate session. But for arguments sake lets just say you don't. There are so many choices on-line for game selection, why not just leave the table that isn't going well for you? Why not come back another time? Why not just concentrate on one game for the rest of the session? There are plenty of ways to avoid a loss that big. Most people simply aren't as good when they're losing. The only exception I see is in a home game with reasonable stakes for your bankroll where you're having fun.

Ask a poker player who's stuck 100 BB's why their still playing and they'll tell you because the games good and they have an edge. Ask a craps player the same question when they're losing a relative amount and you'll get the real answer: "I'm not leaving until I get my freakin' money back".