View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Opponent disconnects deliberately to avoid calling an allin

i'd guess that unless he's a tightwad, he probably didn't do it on purpose - $10 isn't that much, especially considering his solid hand. anyway, if you ever suspect it though, you should report it to PP. they don't automatically reprimand. i've been accidentally disconnected and reported - all they did was notify me and said that since i've been playing there for quite awhile (well, about a year when this happened.. which i guess isn't THAT long, but i did play very regularly and all that) and have never done it, they aren't going to be taking any measures.. however, i did report it when someone disconnected to a $20 reraise i made (they bet about 10 seconds ago, so i find it highly coincidental that they just all of a sudden lost connection).. and they investigated it and removed that guys' all-in privileges, after noticing a "suspicious" history and the convenient nature of all his disconnects. report it, the worst that can happen is they say "not enough history/proof" and they move on. they might end up marking it as suspicious and if it happens again in the future, they may revoke his all-in protections. or, if it has happened in the past, your e-mail might be all it takes to finish off the slew of complaints they might have received.