View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 08:43 AM

Default Possibility of losing 100 BB\'s in one session?

I know its not likely but is it possible to lose 100 Big bets in an 8 hour session if you are playing excellent poker? I believe it is even if you are playing correctly but I wanted to make sure.

I moved up to 20/40 for the 1st time and lost $4,000 in an 8 hour session. A few things to note. One guy was on such a rush that he raised almost everytime and won about 70 % of the hands, it was sick he always caught his pairs or hit his draws. From my count he walked away with at least $8,000 profit in probably about 10 hours.

I know I made some errors in playing but nothign major. I believe I took a lot of bad beats which I am fine with as long as I made the correct play based on my expection in the long run.

For example I had KK dealt to me 3 times and lost all three either to having to fold when an ace flopped causing heavy betting or someone hiting their draw on the river. I also was rivered about 5 times when my oppents hit their inside or opened flush/straight draws. Another time I flop top 2 pair and keep raising only to get beat when the guy next to me trips up his pocket 4's on the turn even though it was 3 bet preflop and also on the flop. Another time my trip 10's are outkicked.

Although it was my 1st time playing 20/40 I believe I played very good. Some at the table talked about the game playign like a 40/80 because of the rush player raising alomst every time. This might have helped me lose 100 BB.

I have played 100's of hours online, read about 15 books, and constantly think about the game, and replay hands to see where I could of gained or saved some bets.

Does it seemed like I played bad in this game or I just hit a streak where the underdogs prevailed.

Thanks