Thread: Stars v. Party
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Stars v. Party

Well I don't think it's the quality of people that are different rather they type of game they are. I play on both sites and i'm pretty sure most people do the same. For one thing PS and PP have different seating numbers. PS has 9 while PP has 10. The major diffrence i believe why PS is harder than PP is that PS has antes. Although you start with more chips in PS that 500 extra really is nothing when you think about the antes. Antes start at 25 so for each orbit your complete that 500 is gone in like 2 orbits. In PS i think you have to get good cards or you will be blinded out real fast. In PS you need to establish a lead to keep up with the blinds. You need a lot more luck. If your a big stack and decide to play your chip stack and steal antes and the blinds it will likely cover your loss. If you had stolen the just the antes for one orbit that's 225 x 9 = 2025 in chips. That's only the antes and not including the blinds. I find that i'm am usually blinded out in PS as compared to PP where i can last a lot longer. Sometimes you hear from people that you have to be more aggressive. Yes i can understand that, but not when your already beat. Everytime i check to see if i would have won if i took it all the way to the river with my hand. The answer is i would have lost 9 out of 10 times. I can tell this because although i might not play there are always those loose players that will take it to the river. Sometimes yeah my JJ would have taken the pot, but only because my JJ would have made sets while his KK did not. Yeah people really don't think about the antes, but they can really decimated your stack or increase it real fast if you happen to get a rush of cards.