Thread: AQs
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 06:47 PM

Default Re: AQs

[ QUOTE ]
These two statements contradict each other. I thought the reason you smooth called pre-flop was to get the PFR to spew chips around. You can't really get him to do that by check calling. If you are going to just call pre-flop you need to put in a CR on the turn, or bet the turn out and hope the PFR raises you and you can 3-bet him with the BB in-between.

[/ QUOTE ]

by "pour chips at me", I mean put in more than warranted. I think he'll go hide, tail between his legs if I show aggression at all (he's good enough to circumvent tilt when faced with unexpected danger, but tilty enough to fire when faced with little resistance).

BB presented a little fly in the ointment. I didn't expect him to be around, but, since he was, I was pretty sure he was on a rag ace. We'd been chumming it up for a little while now, and he showed me a bunch of turn laydowns that he made with second or third pair as well as flop laydowns that only hit air. By his still being there, I was pretty sure he was on a bad ace, and by his having a bad ace, I was pretty sure pfr was on a small (-er than aces) pair or drawing dead.
I probably should have check-raised, and I usually do (which is why I chose to post this hand-no sense posting about the norm), but smooth calling all the way seemed right.

fwiw, I was going to check-raise the river, but whiffed there when it was checked around.