Thread: How'd I do?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 08:23 PM

Default Re: How\'d I do?

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That struck me as surprising, but two people said it, so I went and looked. In 7500 hands (half of which are limit), I have had AQo 48 times and have never folded them pf. Also, AQo is my 3rd most profitable hand behind AA and KK. Obviously it shouldn't be, but I wonder if at these levels ($.10-$.25 blinds) I'm up against bad enough players that it's actually wrong to fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Playing A/Q out of position to a raise of 5x the BB can only lead to trouble, especially if you're new to NL.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm confused... the pf raise was a $.25 raise to $.50. My bet was then raised $1 to $2. I have 3500 hands at these blinds in NL. I wouldn't say new, but certainly not terribly experienced.

[ QUOTE ]
However, as usual, decisions are table and player based, if this table had lots of loose callers, I MIGHT see a flop with A/Q from the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that pretty well describes every table at $.10-$.25, perhaps that is the reason why I find it so surprising that the fold is what you both suggested pf.

[ QUOTE ]
The turn push is a bad play, if you put him on Ace lower kicker, don't you want him calling? You're all in bet would make a sane player fold Ace lower kicker in this situation, and you'll likely only be called by a hand that's beating you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense, though in this case the player was evidently not sane [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .