Thread: A4s SB
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 11:19 AM

Default Re: A4s SB

Given your description of the players I think 3 betting the flop is good. The button could have tons of hands you beat and so can the cutoff, once the cutoff calls two more bets he could be deciding to call down with an A, or he could be deciding to draw to his 5 outer with Kx or his 4 outer with QJ, is he chasey enough to call with something like TT? Anyway, on the turn there are so many hands these guys can have that you are beating and they will call you with that I think it's a clear bet. It looks like you were trying to see where the CO is at. If he bets the turn, then given his passive nature he most likely has you outkicked or worse. And if he checks and the LAG bets you can get in a checkraise. Since you mentioned the button likes to take free turn cards I think you have to bet the turn.

Given that the turn checked through it looks even more likely that you are ahead and your turn weakness will convince the LAG to call with probably any pair and the CO will call with most pairs. Good bet, but you should also bet the turn.

-Ezcheeze