View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Learning no limit

[ QUOTE ]
These are two hands that gave me trouble(they are at the 200 party game). I would appreciate your comments. 1 person limps and I limp in EP with QJs, 2 limp behind. The flop comes KQJ and two spades. EP 1 leads 10 and I raise to 30. He calls. Turn is the A of spades, and I had no idea what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's about a million hands that beat you. You have to check or fold on this hand. Wait for a better spot.

[ QUOTE ]
In the BB with AK. MP raises to 15. He is a little loose, has been running well and is up to about 1000. CO cold calls and I call. Flop is TT3 and no suits. Raiser bets 25, CO calls, and I do what?

It seems very weak to fold there, when I feel like I could have the best hand, or would be able to take the pot away from them. How often should I be trying to take it away from them when I think they are weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're very unlikely to have the best hand here. While someone may not have a ten, there's a strong likely-hood that a pocket pair is up against you.

Try to think of no limit as a game where you're looking to win a few big pots here and there, and you want to do it with hands stronger than one pair (Unless it's a big pair and you get lots of money in preflop). No limit is a waiting game, wait until you find a good spot and then really push your edge.

Hope this helps,
Justin A