Thread: A4s SB
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 05:10 PM

Default Re: A4s SB

outkicked [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

as for the hand, i don't get the 3-bet. In fact, i'd probably fold it right there after the bet and raise.

I think theres a doubtful valuebet though.

On the one hand it seems unlikely after the turncheck anyone has more than an ace but perhaps you get a call by a king on the button (i wouldn't blame him to fold after 3 bets on the flop regardless of the turn check).
On the other hand theres some danger from the guy in the middle though; he could've hit a monster hoping to get maximum value in check(re?-)raising the turn. He couldn't be blamed that much for taking that shot after all the fireworks on the flop

Perhaps check-calling the river would be best here, since any ace after you has a clear valuebet (and mp probably has one at least) and you'd hate to get raised by a better hand ( a king will never ever call) you will have to call.

Ok concluding, i'd say its safe to say there is at least one ace (or better) out there, he will bet, a king will probably call, and you call.Thus [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] : No betting the river. Im sorry for this rambling, im usually just thinking outloud in these posts while im writing