Thread: JJ hand...
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 10:25 AM

Default Re: JJ hand...

MP2 could easily have an KQs AJs JTs or mid- high pocket pair. his late position and the fact that he's only flat called to big bets rules out him have AA - QQ or AKs, so i woudln't be worried about him.

you said the UTG is steaming so he could have a suited connector and just be playing half retarded.

basically you just need to put a read on the small blind and what he could have. him raising to $20 preflop is fairly large and he did push all in. depending on how loose he is (and you said he was terrible) he could have AA KK QQ JJ TT 99 AKs AQs Ako. there are 6 ways to have AA KK QQ TT and 99, 1 way for JJ, 16 ways to have an Ak and 4 for Aqs. so of the 51 possible combinations, you have 18 that you are behind, 12 ahead and 20 that are a coinflip. i think you will win roughly 23 of those (once every 6 times an underpair will win, so 3 + 10 + 10 for jj vs overcards). you're getting 23 to 51 and the pot odds are 110 to 370. ( someone please verify that my numbers are right )

you could flat call and hope the otehrs drop out or push in to get heads up. i dont like a laydown here.