View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 09:56 PM

Default Learning no limit

I am primarily a limit player, who plays anywhere from 10/20 to 100/200 online on a regular basis. I have played some no limit, both in tournaments and in live games and have done fairly well.

I would like to learn how to play no limit hold'em much better than I currently do. What limit do you suggest I begin learning(relearning at)? In the past I have played up to 10/20 no limit, but I have never felt comfortable in making the reads any plays necessary to be sucessful all the time. Is the game much more player oriented(so that while feeling it out, I should only be playing 1 or 2 games at a time to be sure I get a read on people)? I have most of the books on no limit hold'em, but I often find their explanations vague and unclear.

These are two hands that gave me trouble(they are at the 200 party game). I would appreciate your comments. 1 person limps and I limp in EP with QJs, 2 limp behind. The flop comes KQJ and two spades. EP 1 leads 10 and I raise to 30. He calls. Turn is the A of spades, and I had no idea what to do.

In the BB with AK. MP raises to 15. He is a little loose, has been running well and is up to about 1000. CO cold calls and I call. Flop is TT3 and no suits. Raiser bets 25, CO calls, and I do what?

It seems very weak to fold there, when I feel like I could have the best hand, or would be able to take the pot away from them. How often should I be trying to take it away from them when I think they are weak.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.