View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Fantasy auction values

[ QUOTE ]
Why dont you see stuff like this in fantasy magazines, or do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said above, it's not as accurate for FF because you have players on your bench who will rarely/never play. If you're in an 8 team league, and spend $350 on Peyton, there's really no reason to spend anything other than $1 on a backup, since that guy will only play one game for you. However, using the calculations I did, you'll end up assigning money to 7 other backup QB's, and overvaluing them. The same thing will occur at most other positions (although not as drastically).

There are some magazines that assign values, but I have no idea how they come up with them. Fantasy Football Weekly was one of the worst - they didn't take into account the size of the league, the number of players on a roster, or the scoring system. All they did was list a $ value next to each player and state "This is what the player should go for if their name comes up first in the auction" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Fantasy Football Index is one of the best - they change their values based on league size, scoring system, with or w/o defense and special teams, TE as WR or as a separate position. I've uses their $ values as a starting point and won my league the past 3 years [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]