View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Re: So, the Zero Rake research begins.

I was going to stay out of this, but I'll chime in with my .02.

Rake free won't work as an upfront cost, the fish won't pay it. No fish = no games, period. The reason the fish won't pay an upfront cost is because they can play at <insert name of any other site here> for "free".

A rake free site has to make the mechanics of the rake transparent to the fish. They do this simply by changing their point of attack. Rather than charging an upfront cost they simply say that after you play X number of raked pots (where x approximately equals their monthly membership fee over a wide spectrum of players) they will start getting PAID to play poker (where PAID means they just get their rake back). Insert some code in your client program to give a pop-up box at the end of each players sesssion, for example:

Congratualtions! You only have to play 32 more raked hands to quailfy for our frequent player club where you get PAID to play poker. Only at GetPaidToPlayPoker.com!!

Congratulations! As a memeber of our frequent player club you earned $12.92 playing poker today! The more you play the more you get PAID! Only at GetPaidToPlayPoker.com!!

Problem solved, please send my check.

J