View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Thanks Ed Miller

Horribly played from the flop on out.

I don't have a problem with checking the flop, but you closed the betting here. You should've raised while the entire field was committed to the pot.

So you don't raise the flop. Fine. But you have to bet out the turn. You're very fortunate the button bet. Letting a free card fall with a hand this strong is disastrous in a 7-player field ... not because you'll be outdrawn, but because you're leaving money on the table. You might as well write a check to all of your opponents.

The river raise was horrible. No one at the table has shown any aggression, yet you put the entire field to call two cold for a showdown. You'd have been better off going for overcalls ... you would've dragged a bigger pot.

Allow me to borrow a line from Mr. Miller here and say that if you don't bet, you can't be raised. You would love to be raised here. You're almost assured of being raised here if you at least bet the turn. You could've trapped the field for much more than this hand paid off.

This wasn't a slowplay, it was a stop-play. You missed out on a dozen or more bets here. If I flop the joint against a 7-player field, you can bet your entire library of Sklansky that I'll win more than a 17 BB pot.

Quit trying to be cute and bet your strong hands.