View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 09:35 AM

Default Re: SNG Ladder Challenge (SLC) - Updates

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good. you seem to be on a hot streak, but i'm rooting for you.

I'd love to do this, but i am currently a total LAG. My SNGs recently have been blown apart by bad play so i'm taking a week off.

Your challenge looks like fun, and it's well thought out. I may dabble in it over the next few months and PM you/post it.

Be sure to keep me informed!

Regards,
Pete Harris

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the good wishes- as someone with a career 15% SNG ROI, I have been on a major SNG rush. As a recovering SNG LAG myself, I found this guide to be amazingly helpful:
Link to "Beating the Party $10+$1 Guidelines"

The ideas / strategy I more or less had a half-decent grasp on. I printed it out, taped it to the side of my laptop, looked at it as anti-tilt device. I needed outside help to fight my overwhelming LAGgy urges to overplay hands like 99-JJ and AJ-AQ and/or try to steal pots in the early levels.

I'm actually using the SLC as anti-tilt/anti-LAG therapy, having blown off 1/2 of my Party win for the year, I thought limiting my downside and giving myself a clear goal to focus on might help my play. (Catching an epic run of bubble miracles and HU monster suckouts helps, too).

Pls post your results if you do try it- I'm curious to see how people make out with this thing. Group consensus seems to be it's a suicide run [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

J