View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 11:16 PM

Default Results

This hand discussion was more interesting than I anticpated, thanks to all who responded.

Well, you all know that I raised. As I expected/hoped, both the limpers folded and I was left heads up against the all-in player.

He turned over AK. Luckily, I turned a flush and won the pot.

Winning only added more to my already LAGgy image, which I actually was on this particular night. They really were letting me run over this game. I had the throttle open all night and nobody saw fit to do anything about it so I kept the pedal down.

Results notwithstanding, after reading all your thoughts, I really do like calling here. The callers both have good stacks and it'd be worth the risk of taking a flop against them. I tried to win a smallish pot but gave up the chance of winning a much larger one.

A fantastic consequence of this pot was that the semi-steaming button went into full-on tilt after the hand. Turns out I was a 7-3 dog to win this specific hand, but the value of having this guy hemorraging chips into the game was worth being a 10-1 dog at least. Sometimes it pays to go the extra mile to try and push somebody over the edge.