View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Good players, bad beats and entitlement: not quite an essay

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

You disagree. Sweet.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, we aas TAG's do get to experience the same thing. Its called a big blind special when someone doesnt raise you out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't be equating this with calling two/three bets pre-flop cold with T2o, would you? In your example every player in the pot should understand in this situation that they've allowed the BB to get involved in the pot for free, and that he could hold anything. Ain't not the same thing.

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless, why do you want to feel this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in my post do I say anything about wanting to feel a certain way? Let me clarify: in most cases, I prefer to not experience beats, bad or otherwise. Your mileage may vary.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want to feel anything in regards to your poker game? Seeking emotional satisfaction from a game that is a strange combination of human error and cold mathmatics?

[/ QUOTE ]

I shouldn't have to point this out, but get real. Nobody reading this post is a bot (ignore if you're the Google news bot) and nobody reading this post plays poker like a bot. It isn't possible.

If I should have to play poker without feeling any emotion, then I guess I wouldn't play poker at all.

Pardon me if I've miscontrued your issues with my post/reasoning/position, but I don't think you made very strong points or counterarguments.