View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Two poorly played preflop hands that turned into 2nd best....need help

Hey Insanity,

Here's my advice.

Hand 1: Muck preflop. If you're going to play it, raise, especially because you're on the button and opening. On the flop and turn I would bet around the pot. On the river, I'd make a value bet (close to pot, slightly less), and I'd call the check raise. Villain could easily be doing that with worse than your two pair in my opinion. If you had K2, I would say fold as not many hands worse than top pair will min check raise you. But in your hand, I would probably call the river raise, especially because he's BB and could have some odd two pair.

Hand 2: Muck preflop. Again if I opened, I would come in for a raise. On the flop, I would consider betting because villain might have some draw as the board is really draw heavy, or an overpair. If one of those draw cards hit, your action could be killed, and if he has a draw himself, it won't matter whether you start the betting now or later. In the end though, I would lose my chips on this hand.

Just my take on things. Hope this helps.