View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 04:42 PM

Default Re: KINGS, committed HALF STACK PF in nl, flop is AQJ....

First thing i think you have to have a plan preflop on what your gonna do. it seems like you put yourself pot committed before the cards came out. That's fine, but your cowboys aren't strong if an Ace hits. Are you willing to lay them down? if you aren't then you go all-in after the flop. the flop did you no good AQJ. But, really you were gonna be in a bind if any over card showed except a K. it sounds like you think he may has JJ or QQ. i would think the same as well. he reraised you preflop. His play is a typical over card pocket pair. you committed 1/2 your stack and you already knew he had something based on his raise. i would have gone all-in preflop so you wouldn't have to be put in a tough situation. even if a QJrag came out you have to think after he checks he has a set. so you'd still be in a tough situation and be hoping that a K shows up. if you reraise him your representing AAA. it would be a touch whether to call even though his set is inferior. but you showed weakness preflop by only raising 1/2 your stack so i would have called. if you raised all-in, he has to think you got bullets or cowboys to his QQ or JJ. either way your putting him with a choice lay down or let destiny decide.

my only thing was you raised enough for him to call this preflop. you might have well gone all-in, you lose just have to re-buy and move on.