View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 03:26 PM

Default Flopped a set of tens, but did I play it right?

$12/$24 B&M

Loose game with probably one other tight player in it. 3-4 soft spots (including UTG+1) that play too loose preflop, they have a decent amount of aggression postflop and a keen unwillingness to lay down a hand. Another thing about UTG+1 is even though he is too loose preflop, I haven't seen him raise the expensive streets without a solid hand. I'm a little sketchy on the details as this was a few days ago.

UTG+1 open raises, he is cold called in 4 spots, SB mucks, and I call in the BB with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],

Who reraises here? I usually will 3-bet with TT if I can narrow the field and/or get position. In this pot I wasn't getting anybody out, and its unlikely I would win unimproved, so I just called. With pocket jacks I probably 3-bet.

6 players (6BB)

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, UTG+1 bets, call, raise, fold, fold, I 3-bet, the remaining players call.

4 players (12BB)

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG+1 raises, one cold call behind him, and I call.

3 players (18BB)

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, UTG+1 bets, MP caller, and I call.

How did I do?