View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 03:30 AM

Default AAA heads up: Should I try to get as much in on the flop as I can?

.50/1 PLO. I start the hand with $170, my opponent has $350+. I haven't been at the table all that long, but I suspect he's a good player.

My PLO game has no finesse. My strategy is usually to just bet or raise the pot when I think I have the best hand. I wonder if maybe this hand was a good time to do something else?

UTG limps, I'm next and limp with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villian limps in MP. Two other players limps and the blinds come along. Seven to the flop.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet the pot ($6.65 because of the rake). Folded to the villian who raises the pot, making it $26.60 to go. Folded back to me. Another pot sized raise would make him have to call $60 and would leave me with $60.

Like I said, I think he's a solid player, but I don't know him well enough to know if he could have a big draw on the flop or if he could fold a set to another pot sized raise. What's my best default play?