View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
not crazy at all IMO. Now that he has made the money, he has loosened up his calling standards rightly so to try to knock you out. QJo seems a bit low to me, but he had to figure himself for nothing more then a 40% dog, and if he is smart enough to know not to call with crap like Ax on the bubble he is most likely smart enough to know that you could be pushing with any 2. His stack was big enough to sustain a blow if he lost to you, so he took a shot.

good play I think. Sorry it didnt work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think he has to call there, and if I have a huge hand so be it. I dont think I had to push but with all the dead money out and with how often I thought he would fold I think a push is good. I probably finish 3rd a lot more and win a lot more pushing there. I think he might have also started to figure out I wasnt the same rock he had seen play all day, becuase I had pushed a few times prior to this.

I also wouldn't suggest anyone playing in these events at the Trop, high entry fee, lousy blind structure (start with T300 blinds T5/T10 go up every 10 mins). Also the real payout is $400 for 1st and $100 for 2nd, I suggested chopping the $50 off of first to give to third to flatten it out a little. But at least it was fun, and most of the players are realllllly bad.