View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 10:55 AM

Default KJo EP good read on table

Last night I really got the hang of pushing people out of the pot. This is a good illustration.

My read on this table was it was very tight/passive. There were several folds to the BB, and everyone was getting out of the way of raises. A few hands prior to this one I had raised with j7o from one before the CO and stole the blinds.

Thus although normaly I would not play KJo from this position, I felt pretty comfortable that I would probably end up against the BB or just on other person.

I was overly aggressive on the hand, but keep in mind I had been playing this way for an hour or so and had stole alot of (small)pots, but had yet to get caught. Any comments appreciated.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB