View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 11:42 AM

Default OK, So I Didn\'t Fold... (\"Results\")

Hey all,

I should probably hold off a little more before posting this, but there are already enough replies that I get the point... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

In the hand, I really wasn't thrilled about the reraise (more on that in a sec). But, I thought for about 15 seconds and then pushed. He called, had AA, I lose...

The reason that I posted the hand is because, just the other day, I was reading an essay about limp-reraises on 2+2er crockpot's website. The essay was more for beginners, but the point was that, in NLHE, a limp-reraise is almost always AA or KK. So, in light of that, I thought I might post this hand and see if anyone thought that folding was reasonable. Apparently, nobody does... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But, at the time (and part of me still feels this way), I felt that my seeing the other weirdos at the table (some guy had already reraised me from the blind with AJo) clouded my judgment, as I had no real reason to think that THIS guy was a nut. If anything, his $10 bet into the $200 pot when he missed with AK might suggest that he is a little weak.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is, under what circumstances would you fold KK to a limp-reraise? Nobody ever replies to my follow-up questions, so I'll probably just start a new thread.

I apologize for the seemingly noob-ish nature of this thread, but I swear that this wasn't just a bad beat story. I had been planning on starting a limp-reraise defense discussion for a while, and I thought this was a decent hand to start it off. Hope to get some good responses to my new thread where I refine the discussion a little...

Thanks for the replies.

ML4L