View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Question for NPA - Ed Miller (and any other worthwhile opinions)

[ QUOTE ]
I would be curious to see how many bets most 2+2ers would have lost on the turn and river in this hand. I would guess most would have had the same results as you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really have been shocked at how many people said they would play this hand the same way. I think the fold on the turn is a very simple one, and the posters who say "eh, it happens, move on" are making a large error.

I try and reserve "eh, it happens," for when he sucks out on me -- not when I try to suck out when drawing dead.

You're paying a minimum of two bets on the turn, and already it's obvious that no one is worried about you being in this hand. And even if they have trips and you're drawing live, you still may end up paying 4 BB total on the turn. And then if the flush hits, -and- the out was clean, you probably wont get paid 4 BB back.

So I like the turn fold. The "don't fold in big pots" idea does not apply when (a) the pot isn't really that big; (b) especially compared with the possibility that you're drawing dead.

On the river, you made your hand. You raise. Simple raise. And when it comes back capped, assuming you made it this far, you fold. I don't think your hand is good enough times to justify 2 more BB when it comes back.

I'm pretty sure there are some misapplied ideas in this hand, and I'm certain that the "eh, it happens" attitude needs to be reserved for a bad beat someone put on you -- not on times when you decided to draw dead.

ElSapo