View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Flopped full house

Here's the way I see it (which is probably wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

If I had bet out on the flop, I would have gotten at most a couple of callers (typical UB). Now, going into the turn, I'm down 2 SB the way I played it (assuming two people did, in fact, call the flop). Of course, now I'm seen as the aggressor, so I doubt MP1 would bet on the turn, meaning at best, I get MP1 and the Button to call my bet. This means I'm still 2 SB down compared to betting out on the flop. On the river, I'll get to bet out again and they'll both call. That means, betting out on the flop looked to get me 2 SB + 2 BB + 2 BB = 5 BB. With the way I played it, it looks like I did better than that because I got 0 SB + 2 BB + 4 BB = 6 BB.

Now, let's say we check the flop and raise on the turn. *IF* I get someone behind me to call 2 bets cold (which, I admit is likely, since the Button did so on the river), then I grab 4 BB on the turn and 2 more BB on the river (assuming MP1 wouldn't bet out again) which gives me 6 BB again, the same as the way I played it.