View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 12:48 PM

Default Re: online conspiracy?

hi bowler,
it does seem to me i see an awful lot of quads on party. I think this can be explained by seeing three times as many hands per hour though. This may not be your problem but it is definitely mine, i lose discipline and patience online. it doesnt seem to make sense at first, because you play so many hands so quickly but the lack of environment, and social setting cause boredom and fps(fancy play syndrome) to set in really quickly.

I keep records of my live play and im up 1100(dont laugh) for the year and down 500 online(feel free to laugh). So online is on the backburner for me until i can "assure" myself that i can play well there. so take a hard look next time you think about playing a marginal hand utg.

i definitely find sng's to be the best way to avoid variance/boredom/ etc. One final note when you get bored with holdem dont go play omaha, 5stud, crazy pineapple etc b/c you think you can outplay the other guys thru talent or natural abilities(also a big leak for me). when i go abck to online its going to be holdem sngs, 6max nl/pl and stud 8 all games ive had success with and feel im more than competent at. just my thoughts
jason