View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Getting Back into Limit, Some Advice Needed Please!

: AQ AJ ATs KTs KQo KJs QJs JTs and all Pocket Pairs below Jacks. As well as suited connectors down to 54s with a couple limpers.

I play sometimes and in late position: QTs JTo KTo ATo KJo QJo

Depending on what has happened so far in the hand, you might consider raising all of these hands situationally. Especially when you would be the second player in against a weak predictable player. I assume you are raising all of these hands when you are first in in MP or later, right?

It sounds like your postflop woes might be because you are adjusting your play after every hand. If you were too aggressive based on your last hands results, you play more passively on the next hand and vice versa. I think you need to find a level of aggression that you are confident with, and stay with it. As you get used to the limit game again, you might be too aggressive, because you are used to being able to take down pots with proper aggression at NL. But the pots that you can win with aggression are fewer when you are playing limit, and the inferences that you can draw from their actions are weaker, so you need to play more of a statistical value betting game, instead of a tactical one.

Beyond that, I would say post hands that you had trouble with, and post hands that you think you played well, and we'll see if we can help.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.