View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 08:06 PM

Default Re: First one to Rebuy?

In a single rebuy tourney I'm in the school of not rebuying until I bust out. If I don't bust, then just before the break, I'll do my rebuy. I do this because I was once playing in a single rebuy tourney and decided to get the rebuy early on. Well, about 2 minutes later I got dealt AA in the BB and had a raise and 2 re-raises in front of me. I pushed, the original raiser folded and the 2 reraisers called me. I had AA, they had KK and QQ respectively. 2 kings on the flop, and I'm out. Had I not rebought, I would still have been able to buy more chips.

On a side note, does anyone find it funny when, after making a rebuy and getting, say, 2 T500 chips, you make it to the final table with a mountain of those T500 chips? I always find myself looking at 2 out of the maybe 100 or 200 chips in front of me and think to myself "What the hell did I need to rebuy for?" Obviously, I'm saying it in jest, but I still find it kind of amusing. Then again, I'm a doofus [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]