View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Re: First one to Rebuy?

I hate antes that big. Dicey call there, but not that bad given that structure. With that much in antes, you more or less have to take a coin flip if you can get one.

As for waiting to rebuy, there is a single-rebuy tournament at Lucky Chances (1000 chips initially, +1500 for the rebuy). All of the good players I've talked to agree that you pretty much have to take the rebuy at some point. Some of them like to hang on it is "suckout insurance". I can see the logic (giving up some EV for lower variance), but personally I think that you give up too much, too often, so I always take it immediately.

You mention the idea of not taking the rebuy if you "win some hands early". How big would your stack have to get to consider not taking the rebuy? I would want mine to have gotten at *least* 5x the initial stack before I would consider it, and even then I think I would still want it (maybe at 8x, I'd think about passing it up).

I also thought it was funny you said that someone "caught" your A5 with 35s. Umm, I don't think you are the one who was caught here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]